Fallowfield Township
9 Memorial Drive, Charleroi, PA 15022
724-483-8700  |  724-239-2700

Zoning Code Enforcement

The Code Enforcement/Zoning Officers are responsible for the issuance of building permits, inspection of construction sites, review of site and construction plans and the enforcement of building codes and zoning ordinances. It is recommended that if you are contemplating any improvements or alterations to your home, property or business, you should contact the Zoning Officers to discuss your plans and determine if any permits or approvals by the Township are required. We highly recommend you do before expending large sums of time, effort, and money on formal plans. For various permits and application forms click here.

Code Enforcement & Zoning Officer
Frank Monack
Phone: 724-322-2166
K-2 Engineering
234 Pittsburgh St # 1
Uniontown, PA 15401

Why Get a Building Permit?

A Building Permit gives you or your contractor formal approval to start a construction project. But before applying for a permit, make sure the changes you'll make to your home are allowed by the Township's building and zoning codes. Once a permit is issued, make sure it's prominently displayed on the job site. Our inspector will see to it that work meets or exceeds code. We encourage you to inquire as to whether or not you need a building permit before expending time, effort and money on formal plans.

Failure to Obtain a Permit

A stop work order will be issued, and you may be fined up to $500 a day. Worse yet, you may be forced to tear down work and start from scratch so that inspectors can see that codes are followed using proper materials.

Projects That May Require Permits

  • Building an addition
  • Constructing a garage
  • Converting a garage to livable space
  • Building a shed or gazebo
  • Building a home
  • Adding or replacing windows
  • Reroofing or residing
  • Building a fence, deck, or patio
  • Tearing down part of a structure
  • Burning

Back to top ∧